For any parent, the thought of keeping the kids entertained during the holidays can be daunting. This is why the Purple Vouchers book is your best friend. The book is crammed full of ideas for family days out all while saving money!
Here is our pick of vouchers in the book to keep your kids entertained:
Kids love animals! Find out how your child can get close to animals and learn how to take care of them.
- Get up close to animals and learn how to take care of them at farms Cannon Hall Farm, Shepherds Place Farm and Boston Park Farm.
- Encounter exotic animals at Tropical Butterfly House. See meerkats, owls, GIANT tortoises, lemurs and more!
- Experience an underwater world at SEALIFE.
- Visit Lincolnshire Wildlife Park, an amazing wildlife charity and see the UK’s largest collection of Bengal Tigers.
- Ride a pony at Coloured Cob Equestrian Centre – perfect for a child who loves horses and ponies!
- Enjoy a peaceful afternoon at Potteric Carr Nature Reserve, and experience wildlife in its natural habitat.
Run wild at play areas
Play areas are a god send to parents! Let your kids burn off their wild energy while you sit and have a chat over a cup of tea.
- Party time! If your child has a birthday in the summer, use your Time 2 Play or Astrabound voucher to throw an amazing child’s party without having to break the bank.
- You could even go for a FREE play to Captain Jack’s Adventure, Cheeky Chimps, and The Play Pit! Use your vouchers to go completely free of charge.
- Make a day of it at Doncaster Dome – skate, swim and play.
- Fantastic 2 for 1 offers at Time 2 Play, Play Valley, Play Mania, Ali Bongos, Treasure Island, Dandi’s, Monkey Bizness and Kids Zone – whew! Invite your child’s friend along too.
Bring out your child’s adventurous side, and there will be no excuse for being bored! It’s always good to encourage them to go outdoors and try something new, instead of watching a screen.
- Slide down the slopes at Snozone and maybe throw a snow ball or two.
- Adventure is in the name at Live For Today Adventures – shoot an air rifle, chase through a forest, be like Robin Hood and learn archery and throw an axe (12 years+)
- Be prepared for an action packed and paint covered day at Bawtry Paintball Fields! Or try laser combat, axe and knife throwing or spooky Zombie archery! Age restrictions apply.
- Your kids can go exploring on an adventure climbing wall or aerial trek experience. If your child loves to skate or can’t get enough of pulling tricks on their bike, take them to the skate park.
Give your kids a head start before they go back to school by taking them to these fantastic museums. Learning does not need to be boring – there are plenty of fun and interactive ways to learn.
- The National Emergency Services Museum was once a Victorian Police and Fire station and has done an amazing job of preserving its heritage, and teaching kids all about the history of the emergency services.
- Learn about aircraft at the South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum.
- Have lots of fun at Magna, a unique Science Adventure Centre located in a steel mill with plenty of hands on experience, interactive exhibits and fascinating displays!
- Ashworth Barracks Museum, owned by Victoria Cross Trust, has some impressive military memorabilia including whacking great tanks!
- Oooh choccy time! York’s Chocolate Story is an entertaining and informative guided tour through the history of York’s most famous chocolate making families and their creations. Did somebody say chocolate?
Find all of this in the Purple Vouchers book and use code PURPLEVIP to get the book for just £24.95 from £29.95, including delivery!